STRENGTHEN YOUR COMMUNITY IN YOUR SPARE TIME
Our community is founded on the idea of supporting each other. There are many ways you can get involved and utilize your talents with the Y. We offer internships and volunteer opportunities that can positively impact lives right in your own community. When you volunteer or intern with the Y, you are doing more than just sharing your time and passion, you’re helping your neighbors in the community become stronger.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Board of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our youth in sports teams and teach classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community. If you want to have fun while making a difference in our community or for more information about joining the YMCA of the Blue Water Area Volunteer Team please contact Katie Bancroft at (810) 987-6400 ext. 132 or click on this link to register and begin the volunteer process.
Volunteer Opportunities Available
Volunteers are integral to our organization. Below you will find a list of volunteer opportunities that are typically available. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, click on this link to register and begin the volunteer process.
Special Events Volunteers
Youth Sports Coaches & Referees
Welcome Center Check In