WHERE KIDS PLAY & EXCEL AFTER THE BELL
With so many demands on today's families, parents need all the help they can get. That's why we're America's largest child care provider. Through our affordable child care programs, we create a safe, nurturing environment for children to learn, grow and develop social skills.
The Y's School Age programs all incorporate the CATCH (Coordinated Approach to Child Health) curriculum, a physical activity and nutrition education program designed for elementary and middle school aged children (grades K – 8) in an after-school or summer setting. The program is composed of nutrition education (including snack activities) and physical activity in an easy-to-use format that both children and staff enjoy.
PRIME TIME AFTER SCHOOL
This program serves kids in Kindergarten through 5th grade at three centers: Indian Woods, Keewahdin and Thomas Edison. Activities include swimming at the Y, STEM activities, crafts, homework time, snacks, games and more!
Monday – Friday: School dismissal – 6:00 PM
Age: Kindergarten – 5th Grade
HOLIDAY & SNOW CAMP
Kindergarten through 6th grade children join in the fun here at the Y during school holiday breaks. A full day of activities includes swimming, crafts, gym time and snacks. Camp is available for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Records Day, Mid-Winter Break, Spring Break, Snow Days and other PHASD closings. Bring your swim suit and lunch. Payment must be made at the time the child arrives at the Y for child care.
Monday - Friday 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Age: Kindergarten - 6th Grade
Member Fee: $28 per day Community Fee: $29 per day
Make Camp Wanacombak your child's destination for fun, adventure, and friendships all summer. Campers are immersed in exploration and disguised learning activities, all while having fun. They'll enjoy changing weekly themes, sports, adventures, special field trips,and so much more throughout the summer.
- Physical Activities: Group games, outside activities, physical fitness, gym and swim will be available at the Y 4 days a week (Wednesdays are off site field trip days)
- Summer Learning: STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) curriculum is built into weekly themes and trips along with reading, art, and music
- Enrichment: Community involvement, character development, and Wednesday field trips
- Nutrition: Collaborating with Port Huron Area School District, campers receive free breakfast and lunch Monday - Friday, and a morning and afternoon snack throughout the summer. All meals and snacks provided to the campers meet HEPA Standards.
- Leaders In Training: Providing opportunities for older campers to develop leadership skills and experience.
Give your child the experience of camp to help keep them healthy and engaged during the summer.
The YMCA of the Blue Water Area has a financial assistance program to help ensure that all kids have the opportunity to participate in Prime Time and Camps.
For more information on any of these programs, contact Amy Meldrum, Child Care Program Director, at email@example.com or (810) 987-6400, extension 115.
For more Y programs for children this age, click here to go to Youth Programs.