STRENGTHEN OUR COMMUNITY
Double...or Triple...Your Gift
Together We Are Stronger
The past several months have been like no other for so many people and organizations, and the YMCA of the Blue Water Area is no exception. As we navigate the impact of this crisis, the Y is still committed to finding a new way to serve children, families, adults, seniors and our community.
When our doors closed this spring, our work beyond our walls intensified. We found new ways to support our members and our community.
And we didn’t do it alone.
Our Y’s ability to adapt so quickly relied on community partnerships, generous members and donors like you. Now, as we continue to invent a new way of serving, our YMCA is helping our neighbors and members in ways you might not expect. Because of you we are:
- Responding to the needs of families through our Y Virtual Learning program by providing youth a structured day to engage in their virtual school learning. In addition, to offering physical activity and peer connections, we are providing parents with much needed childcare.
- Connecting seniors through continued wellness calls and virtual group exercise classes.
- Collaborating for food to ensure that those who need it, have it. This crisis shows us how vulnerable people of all ages are to food insecurity. For those living with little or no financial margin, COVID came along and made it that much harder. Food distributions and providing meals for children are key.
Although we have opened our doors and are slowly resuming regular activities, we still have a long way to go. It is safe to say life has changed for everyone.
In the wake of a pandemic and a new national conversation around racism, our Y provides a place of community, understanding and growth.
Due to the deep economic impact of the last few months, we need your support more than ever to ensure that the people who need the Y can access our services. Several of our friends have come together with a “Match Pool” of $50,000. Once that was established, another donor stepped forward with an additional $35,000. For every dollar you give, your donation will be doubled, up to $50,000 and will be tripled up to $35,000.
Can you help with a special gift today?
There are three ways to donate:
- Make a gift online
- Mail: YMCA of the Blue Water Area 1525 3rd Street, Port Huron, MI 48060
- Phone: (810) 987-6400, ext. 111
Any amount is welcome, and your gift will make a direct impact in someone's life in our community!