Veterans, what if there was one medicine so powerful in maintaining and improving health that it could prevent or treat dozens of diseases, such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and obesity? What if there was a place where you could go and be welcomed, connected and supported?
Talk to your provider today about the OPERATION VETSTRONG at the Y program and make physical activity part of your life and health care plan.
OPERATION VETSTRONG at the Y is AN ORDER for health.
With an order, you (and your household) will receive a 30-day membership to the Y for just $20. YMCA Wellness Coaches will work with you to develop a personalized fitness plan.
- Long-term healthy lifestyle change
- Learn to exercise in a safe way for improved strength, flexibility, balance & range of motion
- Prevention instead of intervention
- $30 “Y-Card” at the end of the first month if you complete an initial assessment, participate in a group exercise class and use the Y at least three times a week
- Special "Try it" classes for veterans only - look for the OPERATION VETSTRONG listing
- Financial assistance program for those in need
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OPERATION VETSTRONG at the Y contact Laurie Irwin at (810) 987-6400 ext. 112 or email@example.com
In addition to utilizing the Y, the OPERATION VETSTRONG encourages participants to engage in activity such as using the Blue Water River Walk and other community trails for walking, running and biking, public tennis courts, boating clubs, outdoor fitness parks, local ski hills, cross country skiing trails, mall walking and at-home programs as ways to get active.
- Blue Water River Walk and other local waterfront walkways
- Pledge to Play - Pathways and parks throughout St. Clair County
- Healthy Family Home - The YMCA Healthy Family Home website is an excellent resource for people of all ages interested in taking steps towards a healthier lifestyle and overall better well-being. When entering this website the user-friendly arrangement provides visitors an organized way to finding exactly what they are looking for.