VOLUNTEER AT THE YMCA
Thank you for considering the YMCA as a place to donate your time and talents. Volunteers are vital to the YMCA. Without them, we wouldn’t be able to meet the needs of the kids, families, and adults who live in our community. A variety of volunteer opportunities are available, so we are able to match your interests with our needs in most cases.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: HELPING AT THE Y
You can help at the Y in a variety of roles supporting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility in our community. No matter how you devote your time, you’ll be working with other volunteers and Y professionals to make a difference in the lives of children and families.
There are opportunities to spend a day at the Y volunteering, or ongoing opportunities to volunteer on a more regular basis. We like to match potential volunteers to a meaningful experience. If there is an activity you are interested in, we will work with you to find an opportunity that matches your interest and meets the needs of the Y.
Y volunteers do many things—here are some ways you can get involved:
- Lend your professional skills on our Board of Directors and/or committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Assist Y staff who lead our youth in sports teams and who teach classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Create a safe environment on the fitness floor or in the gym
- Greet and assist members at the front desk
- Help run our water slides
- Lend a helping hand at one of our many events throughout the year
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
Interested in Learning More?
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community. If you want to have fun while making a difference in our community or for more information about joining the YMCA of the Blue Water Area Volunteer Team please contact Michelle Johnson at (810) 987-6400 ext. 132 to begin the volunteer process.