At the YMCA of the Blue Water Area, everything we do is guided by our commitment to nurture the potential of children, support your health and well-being, and provide support for our neighbors and the community.
We are offering YMCA Camp Hope - child care for essential personnel through June 12, 2020 at the YMCA.
YMCA Camp Hope planned activities will be fun! Our creative staff team has planned activities that are fun and that will also keep your children as safe as possible by allowing for social distancing, no equipment being passed from person to person and no large group interaction. These activities include arts and crafts, gym games, outside time, kid fit classes, brain games, STEM activities and more!
Camp Hope is offered for grades K - 6 from 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM, Monday - Friday.
There is space available in the YMCA's early childhood child care program for siblings of participants in Camp Hope. The program hours are the same.
SAFETY AND WELLNESS
Children will be grouped according to age/grade and will be in groups of 10 with one YMCA counselor. Children will remain in this small group with their YMCA counselor rotating to different activities.
- All staff and participants must complete the Screening Assessment prior to entering the program.
- We will take the temperatures each day for children and staff as they arrive.
- Children will wash hands prior to joining their group at the beginning of each day.
- We will enforce increased hand washing and sanitizing throughout the day.
- Children will be in the same group during the day with one staff member in the morning and one staff member in the afternoon.
- We will avoid large group gatherings.
- Equipment and touch points will be wiped down on a regular basis throughout the day.
- The site will be cleaned nightly.
YMCA Camp Hope is $25 per day. Care for siblings in the Early Childhood program is $37 per day. There is limited capacity. Financial assistance is available. Please contact Matt Pickett, School Age Program Director at (810) 987-6400 ext. 119 or via email.
Everyone must review the health screening information below before registering their child(ren).
If you or your child are considered confirmed, high risk or medium risk, your child cannot participate in YMCA programs at this time.
- Diagnosed with COVID-19
- Quarantined in relation to COVID-19
- Showing any symptoms related to COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
- Living in the same household as, being an intimate partner of, or providing care in a non-healthcare setting (such as a home) for a person with symptomatic laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 infection
- Traveled to/from CDC countries with widespread ongoing transmission without travel restrictions
- Travel on a cruise ship or aircraft in the last 14 days
- Close contact with a person with symptomatic laboratory-confirmed COVID-19
If you or your child are considered low risk, we ask that you remain in a self-observation.
- Travel from any other country or state (not identified above)
- Travel by bus, train or any other method of mass transportation in the last 14 days
- Being in the same indoor environment (e.g. a classroom, hospital waiting room) as a person with symptomatic laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 for a prolonged period of time but not meeting the definition of close contact
If you or your child are considered negligible we invite you to participate in YMCA programs.
- No travel
- Interactions with a person with symptomatic laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 infection that do not meet any of the high-, medium- or low-risk conditions above, such as walking by the person or being briefly in the same room.